Biomass briquette are used for biomass energy generation, and these briquettes can produce pollution free energy with none of the disadvantages by fossil fules. These briquette are simply compressed biomass material, and it can be used for heat generation. The heat produced with the use of these briquettes is of very high calorific value, with no pollution at all.
Biomass briquettes are âbiomass materials absolutely compacted and compressed, and these can be burned much like charcoal to generate energy .â the shape of the finished briquette is cylindrical shape with 90 mm diameter.
Benefits of biomass briquettes:
* While coal is cheaper than heavy furnace oil, coal & gas etc.
* High sulpher content of oil and coal, when burnt, pollutes the environment
* There is no sulper in white coal, therefore no toxic gases.
* Moisture contents almost nil.
* Biomass briquette have a higher practical thermal value and much lower ash content.
* Briquettes have consistent quality, have high burning efficiency, and are ideally sized for complete combustion.
* Combustion is more uniform compared to coal and boiler response to change in steam requirements is faster due to higher quantity of volatile matter in briquettes.
* There is no fly ash when burning briquette.
* The calorific value of the finished briquette is approx 3800 to 4800 k.cal/kg.
* Practically smokeless, available throughout the year.
* Exceptional saving as fas as finance in involved.