Medicinal Benefits :
1) Traditionally sonamukhi herb has been used for its laxative and purgative qualities.
2) It not only stimulates the liver for proper secretion of enzymes but also increases peristaltic movement of intestines, hence regulating bowel movement.
3) The leaves and pods can either be used in form of powder after drying or can also be consumed after brewing for a few minutes for instant relief from constipation, indigestion or loss of appetite.
4) Very helpful in conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
5) Its known to have blood purifying abilities and has been used traditionally as a wound dresser in parts of eastern India.
6) Sonamukhi leaves are crushed or ground and the paste is applied over acne, pimples or eczema for relief.