Ferric Iron Oxide is a unique natural red hematite produced through beneficiation & fine grinding of our exclusive domestic ore body. This product may be used in ferrite, Glass, Oil Drilling
* Color is steel or silver gray to black in some forms and red to brown in earthy forms. Sometimes tarnished with irredescent colors when in a hydrated form (called Turgite).
* Luster is metallic or dull in earthy and oolitic forms.
* Transparency: Crystals are opaque.
* Crystal System is trigonal; bar 3 2/m
* Crystal Habits include tabular crystals of varying thickness sometimes twinned, micaceous (specular), botryoidal and massive. also earthy or oolitic.
* Cleavage is absent however there is a parting on two planes.
* Fracture is uneven.
* Hardness is 5 - 6
* Specific Gravity is 5.3 (slightly above average for metallic minerals)
* Streak is blood red to brownish red for earthy forms.